On this page you can find statistics and rankings on agriculture and related topics.
Farm Marketings, 2004 and 2005, and Principal Commodities, 2005
Oklahoma ranks 17. Cattle, hogs, broilers, wheat are the principle commodities.
In 2002 corn ranked 10th in Oklahoma's agricultural commodities, and was ranked 26th in the nation in corn production
In 2004 winter wheat production was ranked 2nd in the nation, and overall wheat production was fourth in the nation
In 2002 peanut production was ranked 6th in the nation
Oklahoma is ranked 8th in the production of peaches.
- ↑ United States Census Bureau. The 2008 Statistical Abstract. Accessed Sept. 24, 2008 at http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/cats/agriculture.html
- ↑ Corn. Encyclopedia of Oklahoma History and Culture. Accessed online October 24 2008 at http://digital.library.okstate.edu/encyclopedia/entries/C/CO059.html
- ↑ Wheat. Encyclopedia of Oklahoma History and Culture. Accessed online October 24 2008 at http://digital.library.okstate.edu/encyclopedia/entries/W/WH001.html
- ↑ Peanuts. Encyclopedia of Oklahoma History and Culture. Accessed online October 24 2008 at http://digital.library.okstate.edu/encyclopedia/entries/P/PE002.html
- ↑ Oklahoma Fun Facts. Accessed October 31 2008 at www.OK.gov